Juvederm is a brand of injectable hyaluronic acid fillers that are made by Allergan. The brand consists of cosmetic fillers like Juvederm Ultra, Ultra Plus, Voluma, Vollure, and newer additions, such as Volift, Volite, and Volbella. The products are colorless gels that are cohesive and smooth. While products in the Juvederm Ultra range are manufactured using Hylacross Technology, which involves cross-linking high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid chains, the newer products from the Juvederm, such as like Voluma, Vollure and Volbella, are manufactured using Vycross technology. Vycross products contain a mix of high and low molecular weight chains, which is a formulation that results in reduced swelling for the patient upon product injection.
Why use Juvederm
Juvederm is an all-in-one brand that has a myriad of cosmetic indications. By creating volume in the dermal tissue, the products rectify many of the aesthetic defects that occur as a result of aging. These fillers consist of hyaluronic acid produced by Streptococcus bacteria that has been cross-linked with 1,4-butanediol diglycidyl ether (BDDE) to produce a viscoelastic gel that is implanted into dermal tissue. Once integrated into the tissue, the hyaluronic acid in the product attracts and binds to water molecules, creating a swelling effect that plumps the treated area. Because it plumps the tissue, skin is smoothed, which improves the appearances of lines and wrinkles. Restoring volume to sagging and loose skin helps lift and add definition to the contours of the face and fills sunken areas, such as those found in the hollows of the cheeks or under the eyes.
The benefits of Juvederm
- Optimal formulation for natural-looking results: Hyaluronic acid has many of the features of an ideal filler compound. The non-animal origin of Juvederm hyaluronic acid means that no allergy test is necessary, as the risk for immunogenicity is low. Vycross products are malleable yet cohesive, possessing optimal physical properties for filling wrinkles and adding volume. Juvederm uses groundbreaking technology that places emphasis on smooth cohesiveness, which results in a gel that is cohesive yet malleable, making it easy to inject.
- Well-established products: When you use a Juvederm product, you are benefitting from the culmination of decades of experience and expertise. As one of the first hyaluronic acid cosmetic filler brands to enter the market, Juvederm has decades of clinical use and research to back up its safety and efficacy profiles.
- Safety: Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in all living tissues and exhibits no species or tissue specificity, which means it has the same structure regardless of tissue type. This lack of tissue specificity makes Juvederm treatments well-tolerated in a majority of individuals. The formulation of Juvederm is specially designed to produce minimal reactions, such as swelling, which affords patients a much shorter recovery time from anticipated reactions to the injection. While patients will most likely experience reactions like redness, itching or swelling at the treated sites, these are usually mild and short-lived in nature with most effects subsiding within a week.
- Something for everyone: Whatever your patients’ cosmetic needs, there is a Juvederm product for it. From sagging jowls, thinning lips, a bothersome wrinkle, or a quick maintenance treatment for the skin, Juvederm injections can help. Some Juvederm fillers are FDA approved for unique specific indications. For instance, Juvederm Voluma is the only filler approved for filling the cheeks.
With a comprehensive range of injectables available for a myriad of indications, it is possible to tailor a treatment plan that will provide the patient with the desired results.
- Non-surgical method for cosmetic enhancement: Before the advent of cosmetic injectables, patients had no other option but surgery to correct facial wrinkles and other volume enhancement procedures. Dermal fillers, such as Juvederm, represent a viable alternative that is just as effective but significantly less costly and more convenient. Use Juvederm Voluma in the cheekbones to achieve similar effects to a facelift or inject it into the nose bridge or tip to attain non-surgical rhinoplasty. The minimally-invasive procedure means little to no recovery time is needed.
- Longevity of results: While the duration of results will vary considerably by product and treated area, patients can expect the effects of treatment to last for at least six months to as long as over a year. The newer Vycross products boasts an even longer duration, with Juvederm Voluma able to last up to two years when treating the midface. The longer duration periods mean that fewer repeat treatments are necessary for maintaining effects, making Juvederm treatments more cost-effective in the long run.
It should be apparent by now why aesthetic doctors prefer to buy Juvederm cosmetic fillers for their practice. With widespread and an established history of clinical use, these dermal fillers are amongst the most well-studied and researched filler products, which assures its safety and efficacy. They are an indispensable product to have in the aesthetic clinician’s repertoire of anti-aging therapies. You can find Juvederm and other medical aesthetic supplies on Focus Medical’s website, www.focus-med.net, for low wholesale prices.